The Examinations and Assessments Manager is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Examinations and Assessments team, and ensuring student assessments and examinations are administered in accordance with awarding body regulations within the Quality Assurance framework. The Examinations and Assessments Manager is also responsible for implementing and maintaining an organizational structure within the student records, applying current and new policies to ensure the department functions efficiently, and assisting the registrar where necessary.
1. Providing leadership, guidance and management to the team, whilst assisting with any issues team members find themselves unable to deal with independently.
2. To ensure the team provides prompt and accurate information when requested, in line with both internal and external deadlines.
3. To ensure all administrative procedures are correctly followed with regards to assessing students submissions.
4. Liaise with partner universities regarding markings and grades release, as well as being a part of awarding body’s examination boards if required.
5. Arranging any improvements or recommendations required by the awarding body with regards to assessments, grading, etc. as well as interpret and apply any changes in procedure identified as a requirement by the awarding bodies,
6. To ensure all students receive their final results and certificates from the awarding bodies, as well as their associated transcript, in line with student’s expectations.
7. To prepare data and statistics with relation to students achievement and assist with the interpretation and implementation of such data, and any actions arising from that analysis.
8. To liaise with support staff with regards to student extenuating circumstances, and ensure all special considerations are in place where required and to ensure student confidentiality is kept with regards to special considerations and results in line with company policy.
9. To ensure all students are treated equally during assessment according to the company’s equal opportunity policy.
1. Master’s degree preferred
2. Professional experience in online education, higher education, or similar
3. Experience in and demonstrable understanding of university environments
4. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced evolving work environment.
5. Demonstrated project and time management skills
6. Ability to prioritise and manage workload
7. Excellent communication and report writing skills
8. Ability to work accurately and adhere to deadlines
9. Professional Attitude and Behaviour at the Workplace
Valid working visa is a must.
Interactive Pro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as required.
Please send an up to date copy of your CV together with a brief cover letter summarising your prior experience as relevant to the position and your professional aspirations.
Please note: only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.